delphi

    Sponsored Links

    Next

  • 1. Blank Date Variable causes loop
    Hello, I have a date, which i declared as a Variable, if the user does not enter a DATE in the control, it causes the program to freeze. How can i gracefully get out of this? Some code would be appreciated? Using D7 and Paradox. Thanks in Advance
  • 2. HELP: All items in TDBLookupCombobox highlighted...
    Hi, In a D6 application where I use some TDBLookupCombobox components they suddenly start displaying ALL items in the dropdownlist as selected/highlighted (dark blue color) and I cannot select any of the list items. I have seen some posts describing the same behaviour but with no answer. Does somebody have a clue what has happened? It worked nicely just some days ago... Thanks for any clue what to check Tor
  • 3. component organization chart
    hello friends. Somebody knows some component in delphi that it constructs organization chart? debtor.
  • 4. Adding fields to a ClientDataSet at runtime
    I hope I have the right group. I need to create the structure of a table at runtime, the number of fields varies. I can do this with a query and "ALTER TABLE..." and it works. I can check the table in Database Desktop and it's as it should be. I then need to populate the fields of the TClientDataSet, and it's here that I run into trouble. The same loop that adds the fields to the TTable also adds the fielddefs for the TClientDataSet, when the loop exits, CreateDataSet() is called. code: ------------------------------------ for(int i = 0; i<foo; i++){ String bin = "bin" + IntToStr(i); Query1->SQL->Clear(); Query1->SQL->Add("ALTER TABLE bar ADD bin INTEGER"); Query1->ExecSQL(); ClientDataSet1->FieldDefs->Add(bin, ftInteger); } ClientDataSet1->CreateDataSet(); Table1->Open(); ClientDataSet1->Open(); etc... ------------------------------------ The problem is that only the last FieldDef to be added is actually created. Why is this? What do I have wrong? It's a paradox table, I have a TTable, TDataSetProvider, TClientDataSet, TDataSource and TQuery.
  • 5. TField.***constraints dont works well
    Hi all, I use Delphi 4.0 for much time and i never had to use TField.hasconstraints, TField.ImportedConstraints, TField.EditMask and related methods until yesterday. Now I'm in trouble: they dont work. The constraints are there, I can see them with DatabaseDesktop (min, max values to fields, and default values), but the code returns nothing. The output VCL for results is Memo1, wich is blank. Can anybody help me. Now, a little piece of code: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------- For i:=0 To T1.FieldList.Count-1 Do Begin; {some lines working well - ommited here} // this part is not working If T1.FieldList.Fields[i].hasconstraints Then S:=IntToStr(i)+' --> '+ T1.FieldList.Fields[i].importedConstraint+ T1.FieldList.Fields[i].CustomConstraint+ T1.FieldList.Fields[i].DefaultExpression Else S:=''; S:=S+T1.FieldList.Fields[i].EditMask; Memo1.Lines.Add(S); //---------------------------------------- end; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------- Thanx in advance Aron Lopes Petrucci XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re: Re:

Postby Frank Marousek » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 01:04:33 GMT

I had no idea it was a common problem, but I'm certainly glad to hear that
it is.

May I bother you to instruct me as to how one goes about searching the
newsgroup archives?



Re:

Postby Bill Todd » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 01:24:52 GMT




Go to  http://www.**--****.com/ 

-- 
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:

Postby Rick Carter » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 01:48:07 GMT

This is a known problem, and has been discussed much in threads in this
forum, in borland.public.bde, and in other forums.  Search the newsgroup
archives for "insufficient disk space" or "4G limit" and you'll find
plenty.  There are also suggested work-arounds, and I think one is
a download available from Code Central.

Rick Carter
 XXXX@XXXXX.COM 
Chair, Delphi/Paradox SIG, Cincinnati PC Users Group

--- posted by geoForum on  http://www.**--****.com/ 

Re: Re:

Postby Frank Marousek » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 02:14:55 GMT

Thank you Bill and Rick.

I found this on "Rick's dBase page" (www.goldenstag.net/dbase/#Source)...
has anyone used this fix and care to comment?

BDE "Insufficient disk space" Error Fix
The BDE in all releases earlier than 5.2.0.2 (the version that ships with
dBASE Plus 2.5 and later) and later releases one assumes, has an error that
can occur if you or your users have free disk space on the hard drive that
is an exact increment of 4 gigabytes (i.e., 4, 8, 12, 16 ...). The file
BDE4GigFix.zip includes the .DLL file that solves this issue (it's a "patch"
for the BDE), and also a small program that will load it. Details are in the
file "BDEFix.prg" contained in the .zip file. Note that if you have dBASE
Plus 2.5 or later, this should not be an issue, and you do not need this
file.



Re: Re:

Postby Rick Carter » Sat, 30 Dec 2006 02:17:38 GMT

>May I bother you to instruct me as to how one goes about searching the

Start with the links here:
 http://www.**--****.com/ 

Rick Carter
 XXXX@XXXXX.COM 
Chair, Delphi/Paradox SIG, Cincinnati PC Users Group

--- posted by geoForum on  http://www.**--****.com/ 

Re: Re:

Postby Roon » Mon, 01 Jan 2007 11:18:58 GMT

I ran into the problem on occasion and just copied some file to the drive to
change the size of the free disk space.  It happened so infrequently, that
the biggest issue I had was to remember what to do when it happened..






that
"patch"
the




Return to delphi

 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 85 guest